mercredi 8 octobre 2008

I went and cast my (early) vote last week-end.

The choices I had here in Oxford county were:
Conservatives.
Christian Heritage Party.
Liberals.
NDP.
Green Party.

I don't like the idea of a "religious group" as government, so I couldn't vote for CHR.

The Liberals want a shitload of new spending without saying how they would pay for it yet. And, really, can we trust them yet?

The NDP want to raise both spending and taxes. By a lot. I don't like that.

The Green Party, they want to raise taxes, spending and basically kill the industrial sector for the sake of the enviroment. I don't like that either.

There were no Independents on the ballot.

The Party whose philosophy I like the best, The Libertarian Party of Canada, doesn't have a candidate in my county and even if they did, it would be a losing proposition.

In the economic situation we are in and heading to, I think the Conservatives are the best (or less bad) option.

Now, I am afraid Quebec will fuck it up again by voting Bloc and we will have a minority government again.

Aucun commentaire: