lundi 18 août 2008

Mixed feelings week-end

This past weekend, Eva-Mae went camping with her babysitter.
She left Thursday afternoon and came back on Sunday after lunch.
My wife was off all weekend long.
And I got home Friday morning and left Sunday before lunch.

Obviously, I did not see my little girl this weekend.
But that is not really unusual as I have been gone 2-3 weeks at a time before.
This time, she's the one that was gone.
Just Melinda and me in the house felt strange and somewhat lonely.
We were not able to sleep in on Saturday or Sunday. We still woke up when Eva-Mae usually wakes up.
I even almost panicked when I walked into her room on Saturday morning and saw that she wasn't there.
I had to think about it and remembered she was camping and not kidnapped.

Melinda and I were able to spend some quality time (wink-wink) together.
Saturday, for the 1st time since I don't know when, we went for dinner, movie and, well, you know.

I had a good weekend as a husband but a not so good as a Dad. I missed my girl but enjoyed seeing my wife again, not my wife and my girl's mother.

To be honest, it has been over 3 years now since I saw Melinda only as my wife.

Aucun commentaire: